As an administrator, you can import past/current/future leave records of all employees in one go - using our Bulk Import Leaves feature. Just fill up a .CSV file (template attached here) with all the required data and upload it into your sumHR account. Of course, before importing any leaves, you will have to create your leave policies in the system.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to Setup Company (under Manage, left navigation lower half)
- Under the Import Section, click on "Leaves"
- On this page, Download the template CSV File (for your convenience,it's attached in this answer too)
- Fill out the template with the following fields
- Employee email ID
- Leave Policy Name (exactly as specified in your sumHR account)
Leave reason message
- From date
- To date
- Half Day or not
It is very important that you mention the "Leave name" exactly the way you have mentioned it in your leave policy, taking care of the lower-upper case and spaces.
- Once filled, click on browse and upload this .CSV file from your computer
- After uploading this sheet, sumHR will show you a preview of the uploaded data. You can then define which column goes where, ignore unwanted columns, and ensure everything is as you require.
- Once you're sure, click Submit
Once successfully imported successfully, the leaves data for all employees will reflect in their respective leaves pages.
This feature can be useful in the following circumstances:
- You've just started using sumHR, and want to bring all employee data up-to-speed from the past. May be you collected leaves records in an excel sheet before coming aboard sumHR.
- May be you've got several leaves requests from your employees, but none have applied on sumHR. You can import all leave requests in bulk