In this post, we'll try to explain how you can use the leave balance carry forward feature - without causing confusion or calculation errors.
CASE 1 - when you're setting up a new account and don't have any leaves carried forward from previous year into the current year already.
In your case, it's a pretty simple process as theirs no baggage from previous year which we need to take into account.
For example, say you have 3 employees X / Y / Z
- In X's
account, you wanted no leaves to be carried forward.
- So, you will specify 0 in the balance column for X
- Hence, our system will carry forward 0 leaves from previous year to current year
- In Y's account, say you wish to carry forward 10 leaves from previous year to this year.
- So, you will specify only 10 in the balance column for Y
- Our system will over write the existing carried forward balance of 0, and replace it with 10
- His total available leave balance will now include whatever leaves are credited in this year PLUS 10 leaves carried forward from previous year
- In Z's account, you know
that the chap had taken or used 5 more/excess leaves than his available credit in previous year. Which means, his carried forward balance was in negative
- So, you will specify -5 in his balance column for Z
- Our system will replace the 0 and add a -5 instead.
- This will automatically reduce his total available leave balance after considering how many leaves are credited into his account this current year.
CASE 2 - when you've already been using sumHR in the previous year, and want to correct wrong carried forward balances or modify them to change the actual carried forward balance for employees.
For example, say you have 3 employees - A / B / C
- In A's
account, currently it's showing 7 leaves carried forward from previous
year. But you wanted no leaves to be carried forward in his account in
the first place.
- So, you will specify 0 in the balance column for A
- Hence, our system will over write the 7 which is already carried forward and change it to 0
- This will also automatically reduce the total balance (which includes leaves earned in current year)
- In B's account, currently it's showing 10 leaves carried forward from previous year. But instead of 10, you know it should have carried forward only 6 because he had used 4 leaves in 2013 which were not recorded in sumHR
- So, you will specify only 6 in the balance column for B
- Our system will over write the existing carried forward balance of 10, and replace it with 6
- In C's account, say it's showing 0 carried forward balance, but you know that the chap had 5 unused leaves in 2013, which were meant to be carried forward to 2014
- So, you will specify 5 in his balance column for C
- Our system will replace the 0 and add 5 instead.
*Hope the above examples are useful in understanding how our carried forward balance import works. :)