Yes, such situations can be common. Don't worry, sumHR will let you handle this very easily, just follow the below steps:
- On your Dashboard, you'll see a Request button
- Click on that button, and you'll see a lightbox/popup which appears with the following fields
Request Type: click and select "Update Attendance"
- as soon as you do that, the fields below will change
- Shift Date: click here and select the date for which you would like to request modifications
- Location: select the location you'd like to specify for your Clock-In/Out
- Clock In Time: select the hour/minutes that you'd like to mention as your actual Clock In Time
Clock Out Time: select the hour/minutes that you'd like to mention as your actual Clock Out Time.
- You can select either Clock In or Clock Out or both, depending on which one you wish to update.
- Is Next Day?: if your shift extended beyond mid-night (00:00 hours), which means your Clock-Out time is not on the same date, then check this box
Message: this is where you can specify your application request message to the Manager who has to approve this "attendance modification" request before it's updated in your account.
- Click "Submit" once you've filled up the details above
As soon as you've sent this Attendance Modification Request, your Manager will receive an email notifying him/her about it. When s/he approves this request, your requested timings will appear in your Attendance Logs on the Attendance page of your account.