Yes, you most certainly can! This is a very useful feature especially when you've started using sumHR in the middle or after the start of a new leave cycle (new year). You might have kept a record of your employees leave balances in the previous year(s), which you would like to carry/bring forward into the current year.
Using our intelligent bulk import feature, you can import leave balances for employees in one-go. Just follow the below steps accurately:
- Go to Setup Company (under Manage, left navigation lower half)
- In the Import Section there, click on "Leave Balance"
- On this page, Download the template CSV File (for your convenience,it's attached in this answer too)
- Fill out the template with the following fields
* Employee email / Leave Name / Leave Balance / Year
* It is very important that you mention the "Leave name" exactly the way you have mentioned it in your leave policy, taking care of the lower-upper case and spaces.
- Once filled, click on browse and upload this .CSV file from your computer
- After uploading this sheet, sumHR will show you a preview of the uploaded data. You can then define which column goes where, ignore unwanted columns, and ensure everything is as you require.
- Once you're sure, click Submit
This feature can also be used for:
- Correcting inaccuracy in leave balance carried/brought forward
- Giving extra leaves over-n-above the employees current cycle leave credit
VIEW EXAMPLES / USE CASES HERE: Examples for usage of the "leave balance carry forward" import feature