Before we get into "How to manage (Edit/Delete) Attendance Policies", we need to remember 2 import points mentioned below:
Attendance Policies work at user level (employee level).
This means: You can create unlimited number of Attendance Policies, but each Attendance Policy will function only when it is "assigned to the desired/required employee". If an Attendance Policy is created but not assigned, it's as good as a policy document locked away in a cupboard without anyone knowing about it. :)
Editing/Deleting an existing Attendance Policy, will affect ALL employees who're already assigned that policy
This means: You are allowed to edit/delete any existing Attendance Policy at any time, but always keep in mind that any changes to the policy will affect the employees who're already assigned that policy.
Follow the below instructions to manage/edit/delete Attendance Policies:
- Go to Setup Company under Administration section in your left navigation pane
- Under Attendance section, click on Policy
- Now you'll see a table with the list of existing Attendance Policies
- Next to each Policy Name, you will find the options to:
Delete: this option will delete the policy completely.
*However, it's important to note here that you can Delete a Policy only if there are No Employees already assigned to the policy. If you already have Employees assigned to that policy, you need to first assign a different Policy to the employees and then click on Delete.
Edit: click this option if you would like to make any changes in the policy.
*any change will affect every employee who's been assigned this policy
- View Assigned User(s): this button let's you view a table with the list of all/any employees who're already assigned this particular Policy.
NOTE: if you would like to know more about the Policy rules and what they mean, how they work, etc., please go check: How do I create Attendance Policy?