Before we get into "how to create Attendance Shifts", we need to remember 2 import points mentioned below:
Attendance Shifts are assigned at user level (i.e. employee level).
This means: You can create unlimited number of Attendance Shifts, but each Attendance Shift will function only when it is "assigned to the desired/required employee". If an Attendance Shift is created but not assigned, it's as good as a clock without hands. :)
Editing an existing Attendance Shift, will affect ALL employees who're already assigned that Shift
This means: You are allowed to edit any existing Attendance Shift at any time, but always keep in mind that any changes to the Shift will affect the employees who're already assigned that Shift.
Follow the below instructions to Manage/Edit/Delete Attendance Shifts:
- Go to Setup Company under Administration section in your left navigation pane
- Under Attendance section, click on Shift
- Now you'll see a table with the list of existing Attendance Shifts
- Next to each Shift Name, you will find the options to:
Delete: this option will delete the shift completely.
*However, it's important to note here that you can Delete a Shift only if there are No Employees already assigned to the shift. If you already have Employees assigned to that shift, you need to first assign a different Shift to the employees and then click on Delete.
Edit: click this option if you would like to make any changes in the shift.
*any change will affect every employee who's been assigned this shift
- View Assigned User(s): this button let's you view a table with the list of all/any employees who're already assigned this particular Shift.
NOTE: if you would like to know more about the Shift rules/details and what they mean, how they work, etc., please go check: How do I create Attendance shifts?