Before we get into "How to manage (Edit/Disable/Delete) Weekly Off cycles", we need to remember 2 import points mentioned below:
Weekly Offs are assigned at user level (i.e. employee level).
This means: You can create unlimited number of Weekly Off cycles, but each Weekly Off cycle will function only when it is "assigned to the desired/required employee". If a Weekly Off cycle is created but not assigned, it's as good as a week with 7 Mondays! :)
Editing an existing Weekly Off cycle, will affect ALL employees who're already assigned that Cycle
This means: You are allowed to edit any existing Weekly Off cycle at any time, but always keep in mind that any changes to the Cycle will affect the employees who're already assigned that Weekly Off(s).
Follow the below instructions to manage (Edit/Disable/Delete) Weekly Off cycles:
- Go to Setup Company under Administration section in your left navigation pane
- Under Company section, click on Weekly Off
- Here you will see a table with a list of existing Weekly Off cycles
- Next to each Shift Name, you will find the options to:
Delete: this option will delete the Weekly Off cycle completely.
*However, it's important to note here that you can Delete a Weekly Off cycle only if there are No Employees already assigned to the cycle. If you already have Employees assigned to that Weekly Off cycle, you need to first assign a different cycle to the employees and then click on Delete.
Edit: click this option if you would like to make any changes in the Weekly Off cycle.
*any change will affect every employee who's been assigned this cycle
- View Assigned User(s): this button let's you view a table with the list of all/any employees who're already assigned this particular Weekly Off cycle.